Friday, December 12, 2014

AAR: Barleguet Brawl

So there was an approximate 100 vs 150 slugfest several days ago in Barleguet over several POCOs.

It was quite an interesting fight, and by far the biggest fight I have ever been a part of as far as the number of players were concerned. I can't say I had fun to be perfectly honest, it just wasn't the type of gameplay I was interested in: locking targets and hitting F1. On the other hand, I felt awesome flying a Navy Apocalypse with a Slave Set, which is something I would have never have flown in WHs, as it would have been instantly countered with blap Dreads and restricted by mass limitations. So, different was... different, not bad or good really, just different. Anyway, into the actual fight.

I'm not entirely sure what got our fleet into motion initially, think it was a request of help from Overload Everything. We form up our Navy Apocalypse fleet with ~8 Guardians I believe, with some tackle Protei and Lokis and start burning over. Overload Everything filled up with similar fleet composition, and we met up in Barleguet as intel streamed in about Shadow Cartel [SC] fleet movements. They were getting together a 50 strong Rail Proteus fleet on a Titan and prepping to bridge in, which they did one jump out as we were burning a POCO. So now they jump into system and warp to us as a group.

Opening volleys blast the shit out of SC's Guardian wing, while according to our own Logistics wing, we held just fine. It was at this point the fight escalated with approximately 20-25 mixed carriers from SC and Cynosural Field Theory [MOROS]. It was this point that we forgot the shattered Guardian wing of SC and started priming their Protei and lighting them up like firecrackers, our Logistics wing still reporting holding alright, especially with two Triage Archons brought in as well to help, though those eventually die in the end. We now have a Cyno Jammer out as well now, preventing more reinforcements from being jumped/bridged in. After a while though it dies and approximately 20 SC and MOROS Dreads jump in and start blaping our Navpocs off the field. It was at this point we decide to extract, as there was no way Battleships could survive the DPS of that number of Dreads.

Battle Report

It was an, interesting fight, and definitely different compared to what I have done in the past. On one hand I felt awesome flying pimpy ships and an expensive pod but on the other I felt a bit like an F1 monkey, a gameplay style I detest.

I like to think that trial periods for new people in corps are for the benefit of both the corporation and the new member. Both need to decide if the corporation/person is a nice fit for the other, and so far I am still deciding, but I have yet to be impressed enough to really make me stick.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment