Saturday, April 19, 2014

AAR: Fight Night - 4/19/2014

It is Saturday today! That means it is fight night tonight, where we just roll the chain and look for anything that provides us with explosions.

Way too early for me to be on, it was already off to a good start: a dead Typhoon, a dead Ferox, and a few empty Mammoths. They also teamed up with our friends in Task Force Proteus to attempt to kill a few capitals running C5 sites. Unfortunately, according to them, Disavowed rolled in and spooked them. A small skirmish still occurred and good fun was had apparently.

Now comes the time when I log on...

Within ten minutes of me logging on we get a report that a Devoter and an Interceptor is sitting on the wormhole behind our main scout, waiting for him to come back. We get a little trigger happy and blob him a tad.

-----

Two chains latter and we roll into a good sized gang and violently murder their scout. They refit out of their pods and are formed up and ready with 2 Nighthawks, 2 Navy Drakes, a Drake, and a Sliepnir with Loki links. A good sized gang and we were expecting more as well since they had two pods in their POS which we assumed would refit. We also saw a Basilisk on DScan when we first came in, so we assumed they had Logistics that would be coming as well, so we fitted up two Guardians ourselves. Sadly, they decided against the fight once they jumped another scout into our hole and saw our fleet. Disappointed we start cycling for a new chain, while at the same time hoping to provoke a reaction from their scout to jump into my Eris which was still in their system. It worked, and we destroyed him.

-----

Up next comes one of the more bizarre kills I have seen to date. Scouting the next chain for pew, as usual, Andoi calls out that he sees a Legion running sites in a C3. He cloaks up his Sabre in system and waits for a scout to get a bookmark near him while the rest of the fleet forms up. We discover he is from a connecting C5 so I decide to bubble the C5 he comes from to a) delay reinforcements and b) catch him if he manages to warp off the site before we get tackle. In the meantime Andoi will go for tackle for the Legion. As we all make our moves, Andoi establishes solid tackle on the Legion in site, but before anyone has a chance to help, it promptly explodes.

Apparently as Andoi tackled it, the Legion was killed by the Sleeper Rats. As a quick aside, this is not how a PvE C3 Legion should look in any way. It gets a 674 Omni DPS Tank, which while good, could have been better for C3s. But more significantly, it only gets 4 minutes of cap time, not near enough to run C3s which can neut your capacitor fairly heavily. He also did not choose his environment well either, since the C3 was a Cataclysmic Variable effect, which reduced the tank on his repairs to only 492, not anywhere close to the needed tank to withstand C3 Sleepers. Thanks for the loot however! And screw you Andoi for getting a basically solo kill!

-----

I take a dinner break and come back and decide to do some baiting with my good old Navy Augoror on a C3 to Low connection which was bubbled by someone in a Navy Exequror. I jump in, shoot a laser blasts, he jumps and escapes.

I am ok with this however, as I am to be baiting anyway. I just sit there and wait for something to come at me, I see a Megathron on DScan, as well as a Prowler which disappears and reappears a bit, curious but I stay on the wormhole waiting. Bob rewards me with a Leopard. The pod is able to escape however, and appears to refit to an Oracle at the POS. I expect it to come in and snipe me, but I hope it will get dragged into its own bubble, so I move in the direction of their POS and sit at the edge of the bubble and wait. He doesn't come though.

More waiting, no activity, we are starting to get a bit bored. Finally! The Navy Exequror from early jumps back in and engages me approximately 15km off the wormhole, out of jump range. Soon afterwords the Megathron lands on me (I think my bait worked!). The rest of the gang arrives in time to save me, after I got the Navy Exequror down to low armor. He implodes as well as his 360 mill pod. The Megathron follows shortly afterwords. Only got me down to half armor too! It is a shame Lestat and Bruh'n stole those corpses from me, I do like collecting them.

Was a good fight night! Although I suppose it may have been Bob blessing us for our recent sacrifices.



-Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment