Tuesday, April 22, 2014

AAR: Tactically Bad

So I just logged on.. whats that? hmm hmm.. yeah.. bait Drake in an ore site.. oh? Pulsar effect? yeah whatever.. I'll fight in a Navy Brutix..

That is how this fight started, and it didn't end great, but still fun nonetheless. Revenant Tactical, a corporation that was two jumps down the chain, was placing a bait Drake in our static, which happened to have a Pulsar effect which boosted its shield tank, but degraded armor tanks. So I decided to bring a Navy Brutix that was, guess what, armor tanked. I warp to the ore site and land at zero on him and start shooting while we wait to see what they bring. Prophecy and a Dominix scouts report. The fight is on.

As I sit there gnawing on the Drake's massive shields the Prophecy and Dominix are in route, as our my friends, two Proteus and a Sabre at first, but this would latter grow. I finally start to chew into the Drake's armor just as our first Proteus lands, which helps finish it off. By now I am hitting low armor and both the Prophecy and the Dominix are hitting me, hard. The rest of our DPS is landing now however, so I am confident that they will be dead despite me dying as well. We mop the Prophecy up just as I explode. Now is when I come to a odd realization: our Sabre has launched a bubble, I can't warp my pod out. Suitably annoyed I slow boat to the edge of the 20km bubble as fast as my 187m/sec pod can go.

In the meantime the rest of the gang is chewing through the Dominix, but not fast enough to save our Sabre pilot. Then comes the kicker, our bubble is still up, neither of our pods can warp still, and we are both given the express trip back to high sec. My 62 mill pod, his 384 mill pod. Finally the Dominix explodes, but the bubble drops in time for his pod to escape.

Was a good fight that we came out on the losing side of the ISK war, but like I said, good fight.

Although it was not over yet. May have gotten too high on Easter.



-Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment