Saturday, April 26, 2014

AAR: Fight Night - 4/26/2014

Its fight night again! and boy were we terrible today..... I might as well call it leroy night.....

It starts off on a positive note, killing an Orca that was closing his static connection. Not a bad start.

The next encounter was rather brutal, and involves another Orca. Upon returning home after our Orca gank, we notice we have a new signature in our home system. We launch probes, scan, it is revealed to be a K162 from a C5. A little further digging reveals it is the home of Atztech Inc. Now, we have had a history of bad encounters with them in the past, and by bad encounters I mean being on the receiving end of a 20 man T3 gang with Logistic support. Now, based on these past experiences, our first instinct is to POS up and not fight, we have no interest in throwing away ships if there is no death being dealt to the other side as well. I generally hate Atztech's guts, for my own varying reasons, mainly revolving around their play style of blobing, which may have made me rush to the decision of going for their Orca.

Orca you ask? Why yes, it was a closing Orca, and I wanted it dead. After hearing the report I go full leroy and jump an Interdictor into their hole and bubble it to prevent the Orca's escape. Now, there were not too many ships on DScan according to our scouts, which lead me to hoping they were just quiet today at that hour. Foolish thinking, prime time for a German corporation on a weekend. Anyway, Orca is tackled, I want friends to kill it fast. That doesn't happen however, as Atztech decides that a log on trap was the flavor of the day and they log in a massive T3 Gang along with 4 Bhaalgorns and an Archon right on our heads. Two Proteus and an Ishtar lost in their system along with two pods. One Proteus lost in their system.

Good learning experience for their trap, and further proving that when Atztech comes around again, there is no point in fighting.

-----

The next encounter we had with a group went a little better, although still not great. Lestat was sniffing about in our static in a cloaky Proteus and decided to jump into a K162 from a C5. Other side is an Interceptor and a Pilgrim, who are able to decloak him and force him back into our static, where he is decloaked again. Now an Ishtar and Oracle are on their way as well. I hop in my Navy Augoror and head out to help, landing about 20km off the hole so I would be in Scorch Ammo range. I quickly blap the Interceptor as a result. At this point we have a few more coming, and they all jump out, all except the Ishtar, and so the chase begins.

Half an hour later we are still trying to catch the Ishtar and I am sitting on the K162 C5 in their system. Now my DScan lights up: 2 Guardians, Dominix, 2 Legion, Pilgrim. I make the call to bail but our Armageddon is still sitting on the hole, slowly turning to get away, and gets tackled. At this point I feel like I should go back and help, because its no fun to see a friend you left dying. I ask the fleet to turn around, and Flame grabs his alt to bring a Logi.

We land, I am confident that an Armageddon and a Neut Legion can disrupt their Guardian Logistics enough for our DPS to start making an impact. One key ingredient was left out though: the Dominix. It was Remote Repair fit, and was giving the Guardians extra capacitor and repairs. Upon realizing this, I knew we could not break them, one of us goes down, then another, our solo Onerios is forced to warp off in 30% Hull. We bail, we had to, and it was a costly mistake to not recognize the threat of the Dominix as a possible logistics ship.

Two losses in our static, one loss in their home. And those who are trapped in their system head out through their low sec wormhole to head back to our entrance. And I killed two cyno ships along the way, yay me.

-----

The final fight of the night was the first one where we actually killed something of value, so in that sense it way better than the first two fights. Still not a spectacular performance however, mainly due to a numerical superiority of the enemy.

Scouting the chain, Shaded calls out there is a cloaky Legion poking around in a C6, member of Dropbears Anonymous. We expected a good sized gang behind him, so I log my alt in and hook up with another pilot to get a Guardian pair going, the rest grab DPS and Neuts, mainly consisting of Proteus and Armageddons. Flame baits in his own Navy Augoror and sees if he can draw some attention, and he does, alot of it. Two Guardians plus assorted DPS and support, the majority T3s. We have a similar sized gang, and more neuting power, fight is on!

We land and their first reaction is to jump out into a C2 that Flame was baiting on. Understandable, and I call the fleet to hold on the hole and let the enemy get a little bit of bearing on what they are up against. I had another reason too: if we hold on this side and they jump back to engage us too quickly they would be polarized while we would not be, allowing us escape and allowing them to die. It works, within a minute of jumping out they jump back into us and the fight is truly on. My Guardian is instantly the primaried but the other Guardian does an excellent job at keeping me alive, even thought I am receiving full DPS of the enemy fleet, webbed to under 5m/sec, and target painted. I am able to live long enough to see a Guardian of theirs explode, as well as a Vigilant. Its looking good, we have removed their repairs and some of the webbing pressure off of my Guardian, but I am still slowly falling in Armor. I have to jump out, and my Guardian buddy quickly follows. While the repairs are in the next system we lose an Armageddon. Realizing that our fleet desperately needs their Logistics back, me and my buddy repair up, and head back into the fight, but we are now polarized.

Its a few minutes into the fight now, so Dropbears now has the option to jump into the C2 wormhole we are fighting on for escape. I am instantly called primary for DPS again, and I fall quickly. They have moved in more DPS, as well has received two more Guardians to supplement the one we left behind. We are out classed now, its time to bail. But not before taking a Loki who thought it was smart to jump away with us. We all start to attempt to get out, but we lose several people in the process, along with a Proteus in the C2 that was caught.

Net Value Killed: 1.55 Billion
Net Value Lost: 2.54 Billion
Efficiency: 37%

Damn... Good... Fight...

Now for analysis...

Why did I not call their second Guardian next after killing the first? Two reasons at the time: I wanted webs off of me from the Vigilant which was slowing me down and making me take more damage, and I figured the other Guardian would be capped to hell and back and thus useless and dead weight. What does this result in? A dead Vigilant, but also three Guardians latter when there could have been only two when their back up Logistics arrived. This single call may have cost us the fight, we could not compare to three Guardians, but we proved that we could break two not a few minutes ago, my Guardian had outlasted theirs and a Vigilant, surely we could have done it again? But I decided to keep that Logi alive and kill their Vigilant instead, which resulted in three Guardians in the end. A bad call? Quite possibly.

Obviously all problems would have been solved by us bringing a third Guardian ourselves initially, but that was unavailable to us at the time with limited people. We did what we could with what we had, and we took some people down with us. Props to Dropbears for bringing it!

Fight Night was bloody, mainly our blood, but it was fun all the same!



-Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment