Sunday, May 11, 2014

AAR: Fight Night - 5/10/2014

Fite Nite!

Some good baits, some good ganks, some good fights.

Within 5 minutes of me logging in I am greeted with the words 'pew pew' in corp chat. I hop on Teamspeak, and get a bearing on the situation: three T1 Battlecruisers  (Harbinger, Brutix, Hurricane) camping a high sec wormhole in a C2, along with some neighbors in an adjacent C2 who are third party. I grab my trusty old Navy Augoror and prepare to bait the battlecruisers off the high sec. Its a simple plan, I warp 20km off the high sec and shoot them with scorch ammo, they burn out to me, I tackle, rest of gang warps in.

We are ready, I land on the high sec 20km off and start to burn away with my afterburner on to get more range while I shoot the Hurricane. Both the Hurricane and the Brutix start burning out to me and shooting while the Harbinger loads scorch ammo of his own and shoots from a distance, safe on the high sec hole for an easy exit. Brutix is within tackle range, I grab it but I do not call the fleet in yet, I want to see what else may show up, especially if that third party appears. I let them beat me to half armor before I call the gang in. They quickly mop up the Hurricane and Brutix and I am sitting there still taking a beating. The Harbinger jumps out to high sec when our fleet lands. I cut it close though on calling the fleet in!


We fool around with seeing if we can provoke something from the neighbors but nothing occurs, so we eventually head home and cycle our static. My Navy Augoror has been alive way too long for this kind of work....

-----

Ironically the next chain we have rolls back into the previous chain, so we cycle again. This chain we get some activity reported through an end of life wormhole: Illusion of Solitude interceptors camping their entrance hole. There does not appear to be many of them online in the POSs but their home system is MASSIVE and thus allowing for the creation of many deep safe spots to hide ships. We grab some Guardians just in case and make our way over.

Shaded is our bait of sorts this time, taking a cloaky Proteus over and trying to blap the interceptors, but they promptly run away. We wait a bit, try again to bait, this time a Pilgrim and Falcon decloak and try to kill Shaded, with a Sleipnir landing shortly afterwords. We commit, and go a little on the blobby side, killing the Sleipnir and the Pilgrim with the Falcon getting away.

-----

Next chain, seems rather dull and boring so far, C5 super highway it looks like it will turn into, and then we realized the first C5 on the chain is actually Rolled Out, who are mostly ex-members of Sky Fighters. We thought we should give it a chance and take on a larger entity than us, so we form up a nice little fleet for our standards: 3 Guardians, assorted DPS, some tackle, neuts, and a Jamgu. Scouts do not report much in the way of ships: approximately 10 guys maybe who are online and active. A Vargur owned by them jumps in and out of their static but it looks like bait, so we ignore it, we do; however, uncloak a Proteus by it to get their attention.

Looks fairly normal, a few Command Ships come to try to beat the shit out of our Proteus, and our fleet starts to come to the rescue, well, trys anyway. Rolled Out was logging in more people as we were coming to the fight, so the advantage was quickly swinging away from us, but we went in anyway, and damn did they have some DPS, nearly alpha'd some of our ships, and at that point we realized we had no chance, even with us having more Logistics than them.

Rolled Out's Fleet

We run, losing several ships in the process. Good fight though, although I must say I do get annoyed by log off traps at times. And of course it did not help that they had Magnetar DPS bonuses (we did too, but we didn't have the chance to exploit it). Looking back on it I would have liked to have fought outside the Magnetar and seen where the fight would have taken us. We had more Logistics than them but they clearly out performed us in DPS department. It would have been a funner fight, but oh well, it was a good fight all the same.

-----

A few chains latter and much past my bed time that night, the US TZ snagged a Vargur running sites, giving the day a nice little wrap up. Was a good day all in all.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment