Saturday, May 31, 2014

AAR: That Escalated Badly

Been a pretty dull past couple days, but it got better yesterday. Someone opened a K162 Null Sec wormhole into our system as a back door. After a little poking around we find a K162 from a C3 and we begin scouting. Turns out we stumbled into a small camp with Conquering Darkness preventing U N K N O W N from coming back from high sec. While we debate on how to get them off the high sec wormhole that Conquering Darkness is camping, they solve that problem for us: they warp off and back to their home hole: a C5 which has its connection to this C3 we were watching. We make the move, and chase them.

Unfortunately, the only ship we were able to catch was an Ishtar, who jumps back into his home system as he starts taking too much damage. Our gang follows, I stay behind to catch him if he jumps back and gets polarized. After a little more encouragement he does, and I finish him off and pod him. While that happens though, a Sin lands in our Interdictor's bubble, but he cloaks as soon as he comes out of warp. Unfortunately for him, we got the decloak. As he is entering low armor an Archon appears on DScan, we overheat, blap him, and burn back for the hole. The majority of us jump through as the Archon lands, knowing with our current fleet composition we cannot take it. I stay behind and see if I can hold tackle in my active repairing Deimos, but it proves a tad too much with the new Gecko drones eating me up, so I jump out.

Oddly though, a Proteus decides to follow me in, what I assume, a vain attempt to finish me off without Carrier support. He gets bumped off the hole, and dies.

That went from what was going to be a good sub-cap, no Logistics fight, to a Sin gank, and running from a too-late-to-save-that-Sin Archon. They escalated pretty badly.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment