Tuesday, November 4, 2014

AAR: All In

I like using Capitals, I find them fun to fly, despite people saying that Capital warfare is dull and boring. Wormholes allow a nice environment for smaller scale Capital engagements to occur with no interference from Super Capitals. Small scale Capital brawls are fun as hell, and its even better when you are one of the Capital pilots. If I had more ISK on hand and had the motivation to actually sit down and make it, I would be throwing Capitals everywhere for fun, which is why I took my Dread (and someone else) on a suicide mission.

Static is freshly rolled, and we crack a new one open to a nice sight: Sleepless Guardian wrecks on DScan along with Capitals, approximately 4 Dreads and 2 Carriers. The bad news was that they had just finished and were in the process of salvaging. They were not too shy of pushing a fight though, and jumped into our home with a T3 gang and no Logistics (excluding an Archon they had in their home system which they refused to jump in). A small skirmish occurs and we loose a Proteus while killing a ProteusRapier, and Oracle in return. They run back into their home system and sit there with their Archon. We know they can drop the two Moros we see in their POS in a second to start blapping us, but we know they are armor PvE ones, so I set about to try to convince Nef to throw his Naglfar at them while I throw a Shield Revelation at them.

Now I realize a Shield Revelation is FAR from optimal, especially in comparison to Nef's Naglfar. However, it still gets better active tank and more DPS than an armor variation of the Revelation, and I had the spare hull laying around in low sec anyway so I figured what the hell.

Here I am thinking two shield Dreads will trump armor Dreads and their Archon. Things get complicated with the arrival of a Bhaalgorn on grid though, so we hesitate for a few minutes while we debate going in. We were still undecided when our scout declares that they were all warping off and the Archon was alone on grid. We see this as an opportunity to wipe out their Logistics at the beginning and go in.

The Sub-Capital fleet gets in first with tackle and triple Guardian, my Revelation gets in next, and I decide to primary the Bhaalgorn that has landed back on grid, thinking it was going to be an extended fight. I can't break it though with the Triage repping him, so as Nef jumps in we both start shooting the Archon. Its too little too late though, as not just 2 Dreads land, but 4, and with the Bhaalgorn not dead I am soon screaming for capacitor. I pop, and Nef follows shortly afterwords, just pushing the Archon into 20% armor.

Lucky Archon

This is the risk you take when you bring your Capitals into someone else's hole, they will always have Capital superiority and have the freedom to use it brutally. If we had shot the Archon first we would have killed it with ease, but our inexperience showed, again, and we shot the Bhaalgorn instead. Even if we had killed the Archon though, we would have not lived against 4 Dreads against our two, especially not my Revelation. Perhaps maybe would have killed a Dread as well, but our inexperience (and our cheap fits) lead to certain death. But you cannot learn without mistakes and risks and pain. So, we go on, wiser and more experienced than before.

Static Side
Home Side

Good Fight.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment