Wednesday, November 5, 2014

AAR: Blue Balls and Greed

New Static new chain, which instantly dead ends into null sec and an ending C4. On the bright side, the null sec is Serpentis Prime, which could have been a prime spot for Black Ops hotdrops, if we had more people with Covert Cynos online. We instead decide to go run all of the 3 Relics in the static.

As we are prepping to close the static I spot a Thanatos log on in the POS, and another capital, and another, and a Golem, and more people start logging in. I scout the anomalies they have quickly and determine their sites have been escalated at some point in the past 3 days and they are going to run sites. So we ping a bit to shore up our numbers a bit and hide our fleet, keeping a scout on our static incase they jump a capital to close it. They had eyes first though, and don't attempt to roll their hole. Instead they look to be trying to get PvP ships set up and get ready to fight us, which is fine by us because they will probably bring capitals, specifically their newly logged in Chimera, as Logistics. In the end though, nothing happened except a lone Eris kill.

I'm slightly butthurt about it all, so I keep my scout in there while we roll the hole. As soon as its rolled they set out to roll the rest of the connections in their system and run their sites. The initial warp in is a cluster fuck of a Chimera, a Naglfar, a Nighthawk, a Golem, and a few other shield Sub-Capitals. The next warp in was a Revelation, and then the final was a Thanatos. And so they went on for 4 sites running them like that. I decide that if their sites are still in existence tomorrow, I will come back with a cloaky DPS ship and pop their Tractor Units, which they were leaving in the sites unattended.

-----

Knowing my alt's limitations with his skillset, I was stuck with Drones, or Missiles for DPS. Which pushed me to fit up a Stratios, as it does more DPS than a Tengu by far. Chain is scanned, my Stratios is bought, time to head back in. Just need one pit stop in a C4 Ore site to say hi to some old friends in retrievers.

Pop goes one. Pop goes the second. Pop goes number one's pod. I love my job, time to extract and continue on to my real mission, I would have anyway if a 3rd party Tengu had not decloaked next to me and tackled me and a Sabre warped in and bubbled me. I try to burn out and break locks with ECM and neuts, which works to a degree, but eventually I give up as I was not having any luck getting both of them off me at once, besides the Sabre could easily drop another 2 bubbles if needed to pin me down. So I swap my ECM drones to DPS and pop the Sabre and his pod. I go back to ECM, and almost get out of the Tengu's reach, if only the new Proteus had not landed. There was no escape now, and I explode with ease.

I make it back out to high sec, and decide to cut my losses and head back home, after all I didn't do too bad for my first Stratios, the fight was good enough. It wasn't until latter I realized that the group the Retrievers belonged to formed up and killed that Tengu and Proteus I was trying to escape from, and then got counter killed by the 3rd party in turn. The Battlereport looked, interesting, to say the least. And I was on the Tengu and Proteus kills, op success.

That was good solo fun, proof that there is room for even the smallest entity in wormhole space.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment