Monday, November 24, 2014

AAR: Final Hurrahs

Wow a lot has happened over this last weekend. Lets start with the PvP.

So, early Saturday morning it starts. I log on and we have found TLC in the backdoor. I put my alt in an Interceptor and use it for anti-tackle purposes at first (chasing away their Crow). We chase the Crow all the way back to their home C6 system, where Ilaister (in a Daredevil) and I hit a wall of a Wolf, Thrasher, Ishkur, Proteus, Legion plus the Crow we were chasing. I am able to burn away, Ilaister was not as lucky.

Ilaister burns back home and reships and whips people into shape and get a mixed armor DPS fleet together. As they jump in I get into a skirmish with the enemy Crow and he forces me to warp with 38% structure left. I bounce back to the hole and our fleet is fighting on both sides of the hole to maintain tackle, I go for the Dominix about 70km off the hole and hold him until our fleet was finished brawling it out. Once they finished they came out and killed the Dominix, which could have escaped at any time since I had a Disruptor and he had a MJD. TLC are pretty bad.

BR TLC Side
BR Static Side

-----

Latter that day I feel the crackle of a thunder bolt about to come down on us from SSC, who are sitting on our static with about 8 T3s and 2 Onieros. From past experiances with them and the reputation that they carry around with them, I knew they were capable of bringing more at the snap of their fingers, but we formed up anyway. Three Guardians with 3 Falcons and some Rail Proteus and a Loki with some mixed misc. DPS.

I warp the fleet at 20km and get people immediately aligning back to our staging POS where we came from. I put some pressure on the Tengu at first then switch to the Falcon abruptly. A scout on the other side calls out new targets that are coming in: three Guardians and a few more T3s. With their Logistics now at 5, and their DPS melting through our Falcons with relative ease, we had no chance. At this point it was getting the fleet out in as much of one piece as possible. I just tell Logistics to hold it together as best as possible and keep the fleet aligned back to staging. Some people warp back in stupidly, getting drug into bubbles and dying, but I can't do shit about that, just salvage what I can. We end up nearly 160km off the hole before we get the opportunity to get the survivors to safety, although we sacrificed our Logistics to do it.

Battle Report

-----

At this point we have a small unofficial Director meeting, with what few we had online and left, and that sets some things in motion. That will be discussed in the next post.

Lets just say it prompted a lot of suicidal and welping thoughts in us as an Alliance. Zero fucks were left. We had none to give and we were going to go into every single fight guns blazing with as much as possible. No logic, no sense, just gogogo and kill and die.

So when we found a Guardian supported fleet we went in guns blazing with no Logistics of our own (well, they were two jumps out) and everyone pretty much died in that first round. I wanted anything and everything. Everyone did. Pure emotion overwhelmed us and we jump an Archon and a Moros into their home with probably the shitiest fleet composition I have ever seen from us. Zero fucks. We are going out in style.

Our Moros and Archon pair thankfully load grid semi close to each other, so we slow boated into refit range and Triaged and Sieged. We are 40km off from their Archon and Moros that they landed on us. Demon starts beating on it best he can at that range but its largely ineffectual. Especially as a Bhaalgorn lands and a second Moros. We try our best to blap the Bhaalgorn but fail at this attempt. We switch to the Archon and try to crack it. After some hammering we abruptly switch back to the Bhaalgorn and blast it into space dust and the newly arrived Armageddon follows.

Demon at this point as exited Siege twice to get capacitor from me to continue tanking the Dreads, and said Dreads are multiplying. a Naglfar lands, another Moros, and another, and another, and another. A total of six Dreads are on grid from them and Demon is tanking them even under the neut pressure of two newly arrived Bhaalgorns. He goes cap dead, and refits for armor tank, they chew through that, and he starts fitting hull tank on. I try to extract my Archon but I fail to and get instantly tackled. Demon exits siege just barely with ~5% hull left. I get one cycle with my three armor reps off on him, and he pops, tanking almost 4 million damage total. I follow shortly after.

All in, and fuck it, that is our mood currently.

Battle Report

-----

Fast forward to the next day. We had intended to bring two Moros into the fight the previous day, but like the fight earlier in the month against Isogen 5, only one Dread got in. The other got trapped and was forced to jump to null. So we decide to form the pimpiest stupidest most idiotic fleet possible to rescue it.

Final count: Paladin, Dominix, Armageddon, Loki, Proteus, Sacrilege, two Guardians, and a Cruor.

The actual rescue part was quite boring. Earlier that day Lestat had scanned a route from null into low sec through two C5 Wormholes. So it was just a few quick hops and it was safe. From there we decide to head into Curse.

Not two jumps in we encounter a 50 man Celestis fleet. We all say fuck it, and fight it. We slug it out, trying our best to kill as many as possible. Our fleet is slowly whittled down, until I am the last man standing. I am somehow tanking them with just one rep at first, as Celestis and all the frigate support they have do terrible DPS (the majority was from drones, too bad I didn't have smartbombs, fail). They slowly get more DPS on me and I am forced to intermittently pulse my second rep. I have killed two Celestis so far, but their reps are finally starting to hold better, I get a few into structure but I don't seem to be able to kill anymore. Those of the fleet that did not get podded is trying to scrape what they can together and get back to me, mostly with smartbombs and more cap boosters.

Nef arrives with cap boosters just as I consume my last cap booster. I have a sliver of Bastion cycle left, and I take a leap of faith. I turn it off, and start spooling up my MJD. I am instantly pointed, but the cycle keeps going... and going... Nef is dead... its still cycling...

I just start screaming.

I jumped, I'm out, I'm docked. H-O-L-Y F-U-C-K-I-N-G S-H-I-T

I don't know how I did it, I tanked so many for so long and just MJD'd and moonwalked out, all on a simple C-Type tank. I must say though, I thank Nef for showing up when he did in his VNI, because I like to think he took some of the DPS and scrams off of me just enough to get the MJD cycle off and get out. Maybe, maybe not, but he got 200 mill for his commitment and service.

My one regret, didn't take screen shots or a video, as I was afraid of fucking up and dying. It was by far, some of the best if not the best fun I have had in Eve. I don't know how my Alliance mates felt at hearing me tank as they are dead, but man, I was ecstatic after that fight. Just, that was a nerve racking experience and I don't know. Exhausting.

Battle Report

That weekend was some of the stupidest, funnest, idiotic, carefree PvP I have ever had. It was some of the most fun I have had in a year. Which will lead me to my next post...



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment