Saturday, March 14, 2015

AAR: Skynet's Final Hurrah

CCP has proposed (and will probably go through with) removing Skynet, that is, removing the ability for Carriers and Super Carriers to assign fighters to people remotely. This, in my opinion, is an excellent change. The entirety of Eve is based on risk vs reward, and when people can assign anywhere from 1-3k DPS from their Carrier without putting any actual risk to the Carrier itself, that is a broken mechanic. That being said, that patch has not hit yet, so assigned fighters are still a deadly threat.

We had found a wormhole connecting from high sec and into Fountain null sec and the local residents were aware of it. Tard wiped a Claw out from under them before a 9 man Battleship heavy gang forced him back into High Sec. Trying to get reinforcements over quickly I grab my Fleet Tempest and Rott grabs his Armageddon. We do eventually arrive but we were vastly out numbered and forced to jump back to safety.

So we waited for more of us to form up, Guirdarr even brought his Vargur along for the ride. Six strong we were when we were all ready, couldn't get any better at that hour so we jumped on in. We forced a Rapier of grid first and melted two Hurricanes next. At this point a good portion of their fleet had either warped off or jumped through to the safety of high sec. So, seeing as there was not much DPS left on grid I decided it was ok to burn off and tackle a Dominix 20km off the hole. As soon as I was out there tackling him I started suffering large chunks of armor damage, which was concerning since at this point all they had left was the Dominix, a Onyx, and a Rapier. I tried burning back to the hole, but the DPS was too great and I popped. Shame, I was quite fond of that ship for the short time I had it. It wasn't until after the fight was over when I realized that they had assigned fighters, not just from a regular Carrier either, but from an Aeon class Super Carrier. That has the potential for over an extra 5000 extra DPS on grid without even risking the ship that they are originating from.

It was a good fight nonetheless, even with the assigned fighters, but it does bug me that a ship that was not even on grid with us, at risk, was able to tip the scales so easily.

Battle Report



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment