Monday, March 9, 2015

AAR: Slowly Escalated

So there I was, sitting in the tower doing jack shit, while others go off to try to bait a Sleipnir out of his POS. On their trip out there though, they are caught unprepared by a different group, and loose an lol Drake, Pilgrim, and Sentinel. We regroup, and get an armor gang going, with my alt in an Onerios for Logistics. The system where the original skirmish took place was a Pulsar, so it was highly detrimental to our armor tanks. As a result our entire plan was getting them to jump into us and force them to fight on our terms. To do that, we had to regain their attention first, which was easy.

They did something that we did not expect though. Since one side of the wormhole we were fighting on was a Pulsar, and the fact that their last fleet was shield tanked, we expected them to return with shield ships. They refitted as we were were killing their Cerberus and returned with an armor gang, fully equipped with two Guardians, and jumped into us with no hesitation.

I had stationed my Logistic 50km off the hole while my fleet brawled the enemy fleet. I kept everyone alive, and could have done easily for quite a while if they did not have Ishtars shooting me with Sentries, and not have had an Astero decloak on me and tackle me. Regardless, I still held for some time with my Ancillary Armor Repairer, but I couldn't last forever so I did eventually pop.

As I warp off to refit into a Guardian (as well as another person), we also loose a Deimos. As soon as we return on grid we are instantly primaried by jams, but since we were still 50km out we easily survive through jamming cycles. We easily kept alive the rest of the fleet as well, excluding a Curse where both Guardians were jammed for a brief moment. As easily we kept the fleet alive though, it did nothing to break the enemy fleet's Logistics either, so eventually as their numbers kept steadily growing, ours stayed the same, so we extracted safely with no more losses.

Well played by Conquering Darkness, their steadily escalation and jams won them that fight and it was well deserved. It was a good fight, and its good to take a loss every now and then, as it tends to teach you more than a win.



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment