Sunday, March 15, 2015

AAR: Sparking a Fire

As wormhole residents generally stay in wormhole space, with the exception of the mega Corporations and Alliance in higher class space which turn to null sec to keep a constant flow of content. You will rarely find one of us in K-Space, and if we are we are most likely hauling, or scanning for another wormhole. So when we go for actual fighting in K-Space, we tend to fail spectacularly or get very lucky. Sometimes a mixture of both.

Our high sec static was a mere three jumps from Jita, so most people were running logistics and buying things. The others were scouting the chain via our C4 static. I however, took interest in the null sec connection in our high static. Having a slight obsession with Black Ops Battleships I put my alt out poking around in a Covert Cyno Pilgrim and situated my Redeemer in the entrance system XD-JW7 and hunted with my Cyno alt. I decided to go into Catch and poke what I knew would be a hornet nest of HERO Coalition members. I eventually find a Mackinaw in an asteroid belt with an Ishtar guarding it. It doesn't faze me, but the 40+ in local does a bit. So I call for some backup.

I get a Stratios, a Rapier, and a Nemesis from my corp mates sitting on my Blops in no time. I soon have the Ishtar tackled and I bridge my fleet in on top of them. The Ishtar pops easily, but soon reinforcements arrive as expected, so I am glad I did not jump my Redeemer in as well. Only loss was the the Nemesis, a fair trade I say. As we attempt extracting from the system they attempt to chase us, and follow us about halfway back home. I keep my Pilgrim behind to keep eyes on the reinforcements streaming down towards us, and the others refit to actual combat ships, including me refitting my Redeemer. As I tab back to my alt though, he is decloaked and dying. I still have no idea how they managed to decloak me, as I was 128km off the gate in no particular alignment to anything. It is one of the shitiest but luckiest decloaks that has ever happened to me. Bye bye Pilgrim.

RIP in Pieces my Pilgrim
At this point we have refitted to heavier ships and are making our way back down the pipe. We hold two jumps out from their main staging system and send a scout on ahead. In the meantime we camp a gate, which yields two Vexors to us, plus a Sabre that we killwhored on. After sitting for several minutes waiting for a form up from them, we decide to head back home, mainly due to what they said in local.

[21:00:44] Abernie > FIGHT ME
[21:01:11] Frozenson > fight you or your hot drop friends?

Sad, as if they had done any kind of scouting they would notice we did not have the Redeemer out any longer, and even if we did, the initial drop only had a Stratios, a Recon, and a Bomber, hardly anything to be scared of when you have 40+ in local. That is somewhat pathetic. So we head back, but as we head back Tard and Abernie find a Navy Omen, the same pilot as the Ishtar from earlier, and kill him, but not before a 3rd party of 25 Interceptors came in and vaporized Abernie before he could safely extract. GG.

As we arrive back in the exit system we encounter an Ashinimu, Orthrus, and Garmur camping a null sec gate. Wary of a trap, Ilaister shoots them only, and as soon as that happens local spikes up to 15, we all get out except Ilaister's Svipul, a cheap loss compared to what have happened if we had all aggroed on gate. So we go home and refit, once again, to heavy armor and a Guardian pair for Logistics. From here, I'm going to let a video do the talking.


Yeah, they combat scanned our hole down and fought us. Then chased us into high sec thinking it was safe to engage, and got Concorded. It was a priceless experience, absolutely priceless. They thought they were jumping into a wormhole systems, but it was high sec. I could barely breath I was laughing so hard. To Concord they lost a Garmur, Ashinimu, and a Devoter, totaling 1.65 billion.

Thanks Concord!
Latter on we kind of ruined it by loosing a Stratios and a Sabre while attempting to prevent them from getting back to null sec.

Was an active day in null sec, which was painted with success, failure, derps, luck, and stupidity. Was a fun day and I would definitely welp a Pilgrim and Zealot again for a day like that.

Total Killed: 2.068 bill
Total Lost: 1.271 bill

Good Fights!



Blöd

2 comments:

  1. PvP on wormholes without people realizing they lead to high sec can be hilarious. Maybe they should create a warning (that people see once and then disable...) :P
    Those are some pretty expensive fits to derp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funniest part was that when they combat probed us down they jumped a Loki through before the fighting even began. So they should have known it was high sec on the other side already. Just bad intel relaying or an over eager FC :)

      Delete