Wednesday, March 4, 2015

AAR: Back with a Bang

Its been quite a while since my last post. When I joined Snuffed Out I thought it was because I was burnt out on wormholes, I wasn't, I was burnt out on Eve in general. The final straw was ironically joining Snuffed Out which put me into a type of gameplay style I did not particularly enjoy. After some thought I put my characters into Absolutely Certain, a reformation of my old alliance Protean Concept which lives in a C2 with C4 and High sec statics. I moved in basic equipment and proceeded to go away for two months, logging in occasionally for small pings.

I've recently been back for about a week or so and I feel much better. I am not a director anymore, I am with people I know and trust. I am playing with friends. Best of all I am in my favorite area of space again.

So I am a few days into playing again and I am scanning the chain and looking for fights. As I am jumping some holes while scouting, a Loki attempts to tackle my alt's Buzzard. He wasn't going to catch such a nimble ship unless I was extremely unlucky, but he tried anyway, so I called some friends in nearby and jumped a C3 to see if he would go for me again. I sit on the other side for a bit to wait and give us a little more time to form up; as currently all we had was my cloaky Proteus and a Stratios, with a Sacrilege and Curse on the way. As I am sitting waiting to see if the Loki shows himself, a Nestor lands on grid. Now, I have no idea who he was, what he was doing, but that shit doesn't matter, you always go for tackle when something like that falls in your lap. I point it with my Buzzard and bring my main and the rest in.

In the time that elapsed for the main group to get there my Buzzard did die, but it did its job of holding it until we got there. The Nestor jumps through the hole and I try to chase it, the rest stay on the C3 side. When I load grid he was not on DScan or on grid at all though, so I sit, along with our newly arrived Tengu. I tell Athenaa to jump through, and I cloak up to make the hole appear safe. As soon as we do that the Nestor decloaks off the hole and warps before I can get past my targeting delay and tackle him.

[ 2015.03.02 01:40:54 ] Lily Savage > ha ha

I felt embarrassed that I let a 1+ billion ship get away, but this quickly turned to anger at the realization that he has to come back through the C3 hole to get back home, and I was determined to camp there for as long as possible to get him. A pointless emotion as he came back not 5 minutes latter, on the other side in the C3; however, he called a friend in with a Golem to help him escape.

As the Nestor jumps I hang back on our side of the connection, in case he decides to jump away and polarize himself, I wasn't going to let him get away this time. That was not necessary though, as the Nestor pops with little issue. The Golem was a bigger issue though, as it was still on grid and trying to kill our neuting ships: the Stratios and Curse. Nef has to jump his Sacrilege out when he hits structure, so I jump in to replace the DPS lost. After some warping in and out from Mighty and Sexy in the neuting ships to keep them alive, we finally wore down the Golem and popped him. At this point the Nestor pilot had come back with a Paladin in a vain attempt to help. We could have killed the Paladin, he could not hit me and I was still able to use a scram despite his neuts, but both of our own neuting ships did not have enough time to repair and come back before a Navy Raven lands 70km off and forces me to leave.

It was a good fight/gank, maybe more of a gank than fight since it was PvE ships we were facing, but kills are kills, and they did not need to sacrifice an extra Marauder to us. But in the end it didn't matter, Bob was pleased.

Battle Report



Blöd

No comments:

Post a Comment